Validated DTO for Laravel
Data Transfer Objects with validation for Laravel applications
- Easily integrate it with your current project
- Data validation the same way you validate a Request
- Use the DTO the same way you use a Form Request in your controllers
- Easily define custom validation messages
- Support for typed properties
- Type Casting out-of-the-box for your DTOs properties
- Support casting of nested data
- Easily create custom Type Casters for your own needs
- Custom data mapping
- Use DTOs for wrapping, typing and transforming API responses
Data Transfer Objects (DTOs) are objects that are used to transfer data between systems. DTOs are typically used in applications to provide a simple, consistent format for transferring data between different parts of the application, such as between the user interface and the business logic.
This package provides a base DTO Class that can validate the data when creating a DTO. But why should we do this instead of using the standard Request validation?
Imagine that now you want to do the same action that you do in an endpoint on a CLI command per example. If your validation is linked to the Request you'll have to implement the same validation again.
With this package you define the validation once and can reuse it where you need, making your application more maintainable and decoupled.
All PRs are welcome.
For major changes, please open an issue first describing what you want to add/change.